Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Moving Updates and "Mom, I suck at this."

So just a little update on the move!

Phone lines - Transferred (if you called and didn't go through today please try again!)
Alarm - Installed
Cable modem - Installed
Painting - Done except for touch ups
Floors - Carpet in... other flooring still in the works
Movers - Coming next Monday
Packing- In the process

Basically the floors and packing are all that is left aside from the actual move itself. The packing is going well! We're almost done. I have one more session tomorrow in the studio and then the hard core packing begins! (that means lights and camera's are getting packed!)

Ashley who is one of my senior models has been helping me this summer. She's been so helpful! LOL today she wore my tiara while packing and wore it out to lunch! I wish I had taken a photo of that! LOL So as she's packing up the prop room she came across my hula hoops. Now WHY I have hula hoops I've got no clue. They seemed like a good buy at the time but I can thinking of exactly ONE time when I've ever used them! Why do I still have them? Because I'm a pack rat. Some women buy shoes... I buy props. Lots of them... and really I don't use them often. LOL I prefer simple portraits but you know... I sure like buying crap I never use! At least it's a write off!

Soooo anyway... back the hula hoops. I have like seven of them in different colors. When I buy usless crap I go all out! So... Ashley and I decide we're going to see if we can hula hoop. Now at one point in my life a million years ago I could actually hula. Now... no so much. LOL You'd think my gargantuan butt would help keep that thing up but yeah no. Ashley on the other hand, she's pretty good! So we try to get Guy to hula and WHO KNEW! He was pretty good at it!! After a time or two he could actually keep it going for a little while. After about the tenth try he announced, "Mom, I suck at this." and was done! He dropped his hoop and went back to playing Kirby on his DS. I thought it was pretty funny! Here are some fun snap shots of them trying to hula!!

Back to the grind!! I've got more blogs coming I promise!! I have a few more orders to fill and still working on a wedding album I can't wait to share!





2 comments:

Shelby @ Every Little Blessing said...

Oh that is sooooo cute! I can't wait till you're moved in to the new place! It's going to be beautiful.

MM said...

Ok thats funny! I can hula, you tell Guy Im coming over to show him how its done. And watch what you call a "useless piece of crap". HAHA Its a HULA HOOP!RECOGNIZE!