Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Another Very Special Session

Once again I had the privilege of photographing another family to be part of the CTMC Hospice gallery. This was a very special session. It's not every day you get to photograph a new baby with his great grandfather!

Mr. Oliver Bertram is 93 years old. He has worked in the pharmaceutical industry all of his life. He was a researcher in the Beaumont area. I had the honor of photographing him with family one beautiful September afternoon here in San Marcos.

When I arrived the family was all together. They just had eaten lunch and the house smelled yummy like freshly baked cornbread. Mr. & Mrs. Bertram have been married for 69 years! They have one daughter Donna Murphree. Donna has two children Sarah and Ryan. Sarah's son Gage Oliver is named after his great grandfather. He was super cute and just two months old.

I looked around the beautiful home and found the kitchen had some really prettty window light and knew that would be a great place to photograph them. Thanks to Ryan who helped me move furniture! He also held my reflector for me!!

We did some family portraits of everyone all together and then we photographed Mr. Bertram with baby Gage Oliver. We wrapped the baby in a beautiful blue afghan that someone makes CTMC Hospice to give to their patients. I LOVE the portrait of them together in black and white. Baby Gage Oliver was so sweet! He smiled in his sleep all the time. It was adorable.

I had a wonderful afternoon with this family! I hope they'll enjoy these portraits as much as I enjoyed making these memories for them!

I didn't have the chance to put up a "big" slideshow because It's been crazy with holiday work and weddings at the moment but I did want to put up the youtube version at least!

These portraits will be part of the CTMC Hospice Gallery that will travel around the community to raise awareness of what Hospice care is an how it can benefit your family.


Oliver and Zelma Bertram

I still can't believe they've been married for 69 years!
There is proof that Love can last a lifetime!

A portrait of Mr. Bertram

A sweet moment between daughter and father.

Little Gage Oliver really wanted to nap! Poor baby we kept waking him up!

This is my FAVORITE portrait from the session! It's just SO sweet!

I love the juxtaposition of the little feet and the hands

Gage Oliver SMILED like crazy in his sleep! Too Cute!

Generation portraits!


No comments: