Monday, July 14, 2008

Stogie at the San Antonio Dog Show

My good friend Melissa was in town on Sunday for the San Antonio Dog Show. Melissa is a photographer in Dallas and if you ever visit her blog you'll see some of the cutest photos of her babies! Check out the "crazy dog lady" section! Stogie is a Havanese and he's a dog celebrity! At least I think so! He's been to Westminster twice! Which as far as I'm concerned means he's the most famous dog I know! He also has his own website/blog!

We had never been to a dog show before and let me just say WOW! LOL It's a culture all to it's own. It was a lot of fun to people watch there. You can find pretty much every walk of life at a dog show! And the booths! Holy cow there are some cute dog clothing and jewelry! There were dogs beds, food bowls, personalized outfits, and costumes, special treats, pretty much all things dog can be found there!

It was pretty funny to see all the columns in the Convention center covered in plastic wrap! LOL Yep!! There was a lot of dog spraying going on! It was interesting though that these dogs were SO quiet and well behaved. I can tell you now if I brought any of my dogs they'd be barking the entire time. These show dogs seem pretty much to be unaffected by each other.

So anyway Shelby and I went to watch and I took some photos of Stogie in the ring. Melissa has to hide when she goes to shows because if Stogie smells her he won't cooperate for the handler so Melissa has to watch from afar! He will also stop and pose for the camera!! So I tried to be quiet!

Stogie won the first day but he didn't the second. Which sucks because a "puppy bitch" won. LOL yep it's funny how the word "bitch" is used pretty much in every converstation we heard there! LOL

Here are some picture of Stogie doing his thing with Lois his handler. The last one is Stogie riding in Guy's booster seat on the way to the airport. I told Guy that a doggie road in his car seat and he didn't believe me so I showed him the photo this morning and he said, "Hey! He doesn't have a seat belt on!" They probably sell dog carseats too!!

So Congratulations to Stogie and Melissa!! It was great seeing you guys!!







1 comment:

Laura said...

aww..look at him!! so cute.
jealous I wasn't there.