Tuesday, July 29, 2008

I really am a vampire!!

So those of you who know me personally know that I'm a bit of a freak. Or at least I was. :) I have issues being cold. I am ALWAYS freezing. Like ALL the time. My favorite thing to do is get in my hot car because it's the only time I ever actually feel warm!! Insane I know!

I also am an ICE freak. ( yes, even though I'm cold) I choose restaurants based on the quality of their ice. LOL It has been a true compulsion for about 3.5 years. I figured ( because I googled! HaHa) it was because my iron was low and I had been prescribed iron supplements before but they make me feel icky so I just didn't take them. Not so smart.

So I had some yearly checkup blood work done and it came back all kinds of whacky. They did another test for my iron levels and it was crazy low. 100 is normal. 35 is low and mine was 12!!!! Yes!! 12!! Soooo for the last few weeks I've been going to the hospital to get infused with iron. Considering I never sleep AND I have this low iron it's amazing I get anything done at all!!

I am on the mend though!! It's the weirdest thing. All the sudden I am hot. I really can't remember the last time I was hot like this. It's actually kinda freaking me out. I keep asking my husband if our house is always this hot! He says yes and you never let me turn the air on! LOL Yeah we're so buying a fan for our office!! I'm also no longer craving ice. Bryan is shocked at how much ice is in our freezer. I use to eat ice all day long!! There was never any ice! And now I don't want it. Which again is SO wierd. I use to crave it so badly.

Soo! Moral of the story!! Follow your doctors orders!! Also listen to your body! I'm so going to do my best to follow doctors orders!

Of course I took pictures! Because blogs without photos are lame!! That and it wouldn't be me if I didn't document everything!!!



1 comment:

Laura said...

I knew you were a vampire! so glad you are starting to feel better.