Wednesday, September 10, 2008

More of Donovan

One of the things I love most about my new studio is that it's an old historic house. In particular it's special to my family because it's my husbands great grandmother's old house. When we were painting and moving in my mother in law talked about where the rooms use to be and where they lived in this house. It made me think about old homes and how many lifetimes they have locked inside. I kept imagining my husband and his brother playing outside in their overalls and his grandparents sitting on the porch. So I got to thinking I really wanted to create some "old timey" type of portraits of kids playing on this great porch and in the yard. So this concept is a work in process but here are some super cute photos of Donovan in my special aged processing. Also just some other fun ones of him. I love Dono he is hysterical. I always ask kids to say silly things when I'm taking portraits and no matter what word I'd ask him to say he's reply with some completely different word! I'd say, "Say hot dogs!" and he'd reply, "Airplane." I think Donovan is an old soul he says things and knows thing way beyond his age! He's a perfect model for my "summer on the porch" portraits. I also love the one of him on the floor! LOL Too funny!











No comments: