Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Gianina & Chris Bailey

I was photographing Gianina's sister Kara's wedding when I first met her. Instanly, I knew I liked her. Gianina was a super fun bridesmaid that let me take photos of her with strawberries in her teeth among some other funny things. She wasn't shy around the camera! It's always a joy to photograph someone that doesn't mind their portraits taken! I was so honored when she asked me to photograph her wedding! When I photographed Chris and Gianina's engagement session I had a chance to spend some time with Chris. He was the perfect groom. Did all the silly things I asked them to do. He didn't complain and he even smiled. Actually he smiled a lot and I knew by the way that Chris watched his bride that he was a man that was completely in love. Chris and Gianina share the kind of love you can see. It's the way they hold each other, the way they smile at each other, the way they look at each other. It's all so endearing.

Gianina and Chris choose the Marquardt Ranch in Boerne to exchange their vows. It was the first time I photographed a wedding there but let me just say I loved this venue. When you have a venue this beautiful it makes a photographers job easy! There were great places to photograph everywhere. Gianina loved the bell towers! I was a little timid I'll admit to get up there but once I was there I was stoked! It couldn't have been more perfect! The other thing I loved about the venue was how beautiful it looked in the fall/winter. Some outdoor venues look best in Spring but at The Marquardt Ranch any time of the year makes for beautiful portraits. I love the richness of the ceremony images!

The way awesome Shelby Lane joined me to photograph this wedding! And to all my photographer blog stalkers that know both of us....let me just say that no she is not planning on coming out of wedding photographer retirement! However, I am working on her because she's so talented and lots of fun to shoot with! Course it was easy to convince her with a totally awesome beautiful couple and an amazing venue! She had a great time hanging out with the boys!

I had the hardest time picking out which images to put on the blog. There were so many that I loved! So of course to get the FULL WEDDING experience CLICK HERE!
If you're bandwidth challenged I've put a vimeo link at the end as well!


All the beautiful details!

Bridesmaid's make for great entertainment! Watch the video!!

Poor Mr. Bailey broke his ankle. I can't remember the whole story but it had something to do with Chris's bachelor party in New Orleans, and something about ninjas and spies. ;)

My classic silhouette shot that I love to take



I LOVE Chris's expression when he finally see's his bride!

Check out this amazing background! How awesome is this??

The kiss!


You HAVE to love families who will make faces at the Camera!


It wouldn't be a wedding if I didn't make people jump!












It was a packed wedding! They're very much loved!


I love this portrait of Chris's parents dancing. You can see their love too!


The send off!




Gianina & Chris Bailey from Laura Wootan on Vimeo.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great wedding and slideshow! Love your work!

Anonymous said...

Laura, your wedding work is truly AMAZING! The B&W close up of the bride and the couple in the chapel with the cross ... wow!

Telgenhoff Photographers said...

Absolutely AMAZING images! Stunning....

Bold Imagery by Jason Connel said...

Those rock... Yeah, that pretty much sums it up!